This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is intended to give an overview of recommendations to advance opportunities for recovery from mental health and addiction problems among members of the LGBT community. The information is based on input from LGBT persons in recovery as well as policy makers, treatment providers, advocates and activists, directors of community-based and consumer organizations, researchers, trainers, consultants, and family members who discussed issues of mutual concern. Themes that illuminate features of the LGBT experience are presented as well as individual-level and system-level factors that promote or hinder recovery from behavioral health problems.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize behavioral health disparities between LGBT individual and the general public.
2. Discuss core themes related to LGBT individuals’ particular vulnerabilities and experiences that affect their behavioral health as well as their overall health and wellness.
3. Identify person-level and system and contextual factors that promote and impede recovery.
4. Outline recommendations for concrete actions to advance recovery opportunities for LGBT people.
5. Demonstrate a knowledge of terms that facilitate an understanding of LGBT issues.
6. Describe how negative stereotyping, rejection, marginalization, and discrimination can impede health-seeking behaviors.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.