This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is intended to give an overview of recommendations to advance opportunities for recovery from mental health and addiction problems among members of the LGBT community. The information is based on input from LGBT persons in recovery as well as policy makers, treatment providers, advocates and activists, directors of community-based and consumer organizations, researchers, trainers, consultants, and family members who discussed issues of mutual concern. Themes that illuminate features of the LGBT experience are presented as well as individual-level and system-level factors that promote or hinder recovery from behavioral health problems.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize behavioral health disparities between LGBT individual and the general public.
2. Discuss core themes related to LGBT individuals’ particular vulnerabilities and experiences that affect their behavioral health as well as their overall health and wellness.
3. Identify person-level and system and contextual factors that promote and impede recovery.
4. Outline recommendations for concrete actions to advance recovery opportunities for LGBT people.
5. Demonstrate a knowledge of terms that facilitate an understanding of LGBT issues.
6. Describe how negative stereotyping, rejection, marginalization, and discrimination can impede health-seeking behaviors.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.