This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Behavioral health professionals need specific competencies, knowledge, skills, and attitudes to support treatment and prevention for people who are homeless. This brief intermediate continuing education course is designed to provide an overview of behavioral health services that are beneficial and available for homeless populations. Developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), course topics include homelessness in America, behavioral health services for these populations, stages of change, recovery, and rehabilitation, and clinical interventions and strategies. Additionally, special issues in service delivery are discussed as well as community health services for the homeless.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the definitions, prevalence, and characteristics of homelessness in America and why it is critical to address homelessness in substance abuse and mental health programs.
2. Identify counselor competencies for working with people who are homeless including knowledge, skills, and attitudes, as well as practical clinical interventions for working with these populations.
3. Differentiate between myths and realities about people who are homeless and how these may impact the help and services they receive.
4. Describe the specific impact of homelessness on children and families.
5. Summarize the stages of behavioral change, the critical phases of recovery, and the stages of homeless rehabilitation.
6. Outline special issues in service delivery for the homeless including specific client needs, family services to reduce the risk of intergenerational problems, and cultural competence.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.