This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although teen marijuana use has dropped significantly since the late 1990s, marijuana remains the most abused illegal substance among youth. This brief beginning level continuing education course, developed using information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), is intended to provide relevant information about marijuana that can be shared with young people and their parents. The impact and effects of marijuana use are discussed as well as tips for parents who suspect marijuana use, and treatment options.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the connection between marijuana use and addiction, driving impairment, school performance, and behavioral health issues.
2. Discuss the reasons that children and teens begin using marijuana and how parents can influence their children’s decision to use substances.
3. Describe how marijuana works on the brain and the effects of repeated marijuana use.
4. Determine the prevalence of marijuana use and identify treatments that are available for people addicted to marijuana.
5. Outline the ways in which parents can talk openly with their children and stay actively engaged in their lives as a means of influencing their choices, including whether or not to use marijuana.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.