This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although teen marijuana use has dropped significantly since the late 1990s, marijuana remains the most abused illegal substance among youth. This brief beginning level continuing education course, developed using information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), is intended to provide relevant information about marijuana that can be shared with young people and their parents. The impact and effects of marijuana use are discussed as well as tips for parents who suspect marijuana use, and treatment options.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the connection between marijuana use and addiction, driving impairment, school performance, and behavioral health issues.
2. Discuss the reasons that children and teens begin using marijuana and how parents can influence their children’s decision to use substances.
3. Describe how marijuana works on the brain and the effects of repeated marijuana use.
4. Determine the prevalence of marijuana use and identify treatments that are available for people addicted to marijuana.
5. Outline the ways in which parents can talk openly with their children and stay actively engaged in their lives as a means of influencing their choices, including whether or not to use marijuana.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.