This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
***This course will be expiring on 08/28/2019. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CE Course Description
Homeless individuals experience numerous issues that may increase their risk of developing severe opioid use disorders and that make treatment more difficult. The purpose of this intermediate level course, developed using information from the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians’ Network, is to enhance understanding of recommended strategies for the successful treatment and management of opioid use disorders in homeless populations. Successful interventions and promising practices are discussed as well as barriers to treatment for homeless people with opioid use disorders.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize recommendations to diagnose and evaluate the care needs of homeless patients with opioid use disorders.
2. Address clinical and programmatic issues that occur when assessing and treating homeless individuals with opioid use disorders.
3. Identify methods to work collaboratively with patients to most effectively manage and treat opioid disorders.
4. Determine strategies to minimize risks associated with opioid use and to involve homeless individuals in self-management goal setting.
5. Outline the characteristics, benefits, and challenges of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and various non-pharmacologic interventions for opioid use disorders.
6. Discuss ways to develop a system of care that supports the patient-provider relationship, given the barriers that homeless patients and providers face during the treatment process.
7. Evaluate how community outreach workers can facilitate initial engagement with homeless individuals and provide support to people at risk for opioid overdose.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.