This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Homeless individuals experience numerous issues that may increase their risk of developing severe opioid use disorders and that make treatment more difficult. The purpose of this intermediate level course, developed using information from the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians’ Network, is to enhance understanding of recommended strategies for the successful treatment and management of opioid use disorders in homeless populations. Successful interventions and promising practices are discussed as well as barriers to treatment for homeless people with opioid use disorders.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize recommendations to diagnose and evaluate the care needs of homeless patients with opioid use disorders.
2. Address clinical and programmatic issues that occur when assessing and treating homeless individuals with opioid use disorders.
3. Identify methods to work collaboratively with patients to most effectively manage and treat opioid disorders.
4. Determine strategies to minimize risks associated with opioid use and to involve homeless individuals in self-management goal setting.
5. Outline the characteristics, benefits, and challenges of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and various non-pharmacologic interventions for opioid use disorders.
6. Discuss ways to develop a system of care that supports the patient-provider relationship, given the barriers that homeless patients and providers face during the treatment process.
7. Evaluate how community outreach workers can facilitate initial engagement with homeless individuals and provide support to people at risk for opioid overdose.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.