This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course is designed to provide a snapshot of our nation’s progress in promoting prevention, improving the health and well-being of older adults, and reducing behaviors that contribute to premature death and disability. It was developed using material from the US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and would be beneficial information for professionals who work with the aging population.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the rapid aging of the US population and how the public health sector must be positioned to meet the growing needs and demands of older adults.
2. Describe the key areas that public health professionals are beginning to address among older adults including binge drinking, emergency preparedness, and health literacy.
3. Identify indicators that are related to the health status of adults aged 65 and older, health behaviors, preventative care and screening, and injuries.
4. Review specific calls to action to promote healthy aging such as developing new healthy brain initiatives, addressing LGBT aging and health issues, and addressing mental distress in this population.
5. Summarize state-by-state data on aging adults in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
6. Discuss the importance of mobility, community and environmental policies, and social support in promoting quality of life for older adults.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.