This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Sexual health can greatly impact overall quality of life, and behavioral health professionals often encounter clients who participate in high-risk sexual practices. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, is intended to provide clinicians with an overview of the diagnostic characteristics, treatment recommendations, and management considerations for various sexually transmitted diseases. Included in this course are diseases caused by urethritis and cervicitis, chlamydial infections, gonococcal infections, diseases caused by vaginal discharge, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and epididymitis.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify diagnostic factors, treatment recommendations, management of sex partners, and special considerations for diseases characterized by urethritis and cervicitis.
2. Discuss prevalence, characteristics, treatment, and management issues pertaining to chlamydial and gonococcal infections and diseases characterized by vaginal discharge.
3. List the characteristics, consequences, and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease and epididymitis.
4. Predict how these specific STD’s may impact special populations such as pregnant women, individuals with HIV, neonates, infants, children and adolescents.
5. Describe the use of expedited partner therapy (EPT) to treat the sex partners of persons with sexually transmitted diseases.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.