This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 7.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Experts contend that current approaches have not been successful in eliminating child abuse and neglect fatalities. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities, is to provide a set of recommendations that incorporate a public health approach to child safety in order to engage a broad spectrum of community agencies and systems to identify, test, and evaluate strategies to prevent harm to children. The course summarizes how organizations, communities, and priorities can be realigned to identify and support children at highest risk of abuse or neglect fatality.
CE Course Description
1. Provide an overview of the characteristics and consequences of child maltreatment and child abuse and neglect fatalities.
2. Outline recommendations to create effective federal and state leadership and accountability structures to reduce child abuse and neglect fatalities.
3. Identify strategies to address the needs of the populations who are at highest risk of an abuse or neglect fatality.
4. Discuss ways to enhance the ability of national and local systems to share and improve the collection of data pertaining to child abuse and neglect fatalities and life-threatening injuries.
5. Summarize methods to ensure access to high-quality prevention and earlier intervention services and supports for children and families at risk.
6. Describe recommendations to strengthen the ability of CPS agencies to identify and protect children most at risk of harm and to strengthen cross-system accountability.
7. Review examples of communities and programs that have taken steps to initiate change in order to protect children.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.