This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 7.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Confidentiality is an ethical concern that is critical in protecting a client's right to privacy by ensuring that matters disclosed to a professional not be relayed to others without the informed consent of the client. Furthermore, specific privacy concerns must be addressed when working with children and adolescents. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the UCLA Center for Mental Health in Schools, is to provide an overview of privacy, confidentiality, and informed consent considerations when working with children and adolescents. Reasons for protecting children’s privacy are presented as well as how to address dilemmas that may occur. In addition, policy, law, and ethical standards regarding confidentiality of minors are included along with review of what strategies must be in place to ensure confidentiality and informed consent in school settings and to appropriately share information among agencies.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the fundamental intent of protecting children and adolescents’ right to privacy, including why ensuring confidentiality and informed consent is critical.
2. Discuss dilemmas in confidentiality in working with children and adolescents, including the limits to confidentiality, and consider how to address these dilemmas and share information appropriately.
3. Describe policy, law, and ethical standards regarding confidentiality and review professional organization policy statements.
4. Evaluate guidelines and models for addressing confidentiality and informed consent and for protecting confidential student health information and records.
5. Consider what strategies must be in place to ensure confidentiality and informed consent in school settings.
6. Examine appropriate strategies for sharing information among agencies in ways that protect and maintain privacy.
7. Identify strengths and challenges of computerized record keeping and sharing as well as safeguards to protect electronic information.
8. Review the specific components of consent forms for release and exchange of confidential information.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.