This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
When social workers are engaged with individual clients, they may face concerns related to competence, social diversity, informed consent, conflicts of interest, privacy and confidentiality, as well as other issues. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed to review ethical codes, standards, and principles in order to help social workers respond to potential dilemmas. The report, “Ethics for Licensed Clinical Social Workers”, developed for and used with permission from Quantum Units Education, summarizes the history of ethical standards in the social work profession, addresses competency and professional integrity, and reviews the ethical responsibilities of social workers in practice settings. Additionally, several vignettes are presented that provide specific example of ethical predicaments and solutions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the purpose of ethical standards and the evolution of ethics in the social work field.
2. Describe how issues related to conflicts of interest, multiple relationships, informed consent, and privacy and confidentiality may create ethical uncertainties for LCSWs.
3. Outline the responsibilities of LCSWs to maintain competency and uphold the integrity of the profession.
4. Discuss ethical responsibilities faced by LCSWs in their roles as supervisors, colleagues, and consultants.
5. Identify how culture and its function impacts human behavior and society, and the importance of recognizing the strengths that exist in all cultures.
6. Review specific examples of ethical dilemmas and the determine the best course of action when facing difficult situations.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.