This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
When social workers are engaged with individual clients, they may face concerns related to competence, social diversity, informed consent, conflicts of interest, privacy and confidentiality, as well as other issues. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed to review ethical codes, standards, and principles in order to help social workers respond to potential dilemmas. The report, “Ethics for Licensed Clinical Social Workers”, developed for and used with permission from Quantum Units Education, summarizes the history of ethical standards in the social work profession, addresses competency and professional integrity, and reviews the ethical responsibilities of social workers in practice settings. Additionally, several vignettes are presented that provide specific example of ethical predicaments and solutions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the purpose of ethical standards and the evolution of ethics in the social work field.
2. Describe how issues related to conflicts of interest, multiple relationships, informed consent, and privacy and confidentiality may create ethical uncertainties for LCSWs.
3. Outline the responsibilities of LCSWs to maintain competency and uphold the integrity of the profession.
4. Discuss ethical responsibilities faced by LCSWs in their roles as supervisors, colleagues, and consultants.
5. Identify how culture and its function impacts human behavior and society, and the importance of recognizing the strengths that exist in all cultures.
6. Review specific examples of ethical dilemmas and the determine the best course of action when facing difficult situations.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.