CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Family conflict is a key driver of youth homelessness, and most programs serving youth experiencing homelessness use some form of family intervention to address conflict and help reconnect youth with families when appropriate. This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the Urban Institute in order to summarize existing evidence on family intervention strategies for youth experiencing or at risk of homelessness, to outline common elements of effective interventions, and to discuss gaps in the evidence base. Evidence-based and evidence-informed interventions are discussed as well as challenges of implementing family intervention models.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify ways that family conflict impacts homelessness among youth as well as the importance of engaging families in the intervention process.
2. Differentiate between evidence-based and evidence-informed interventions for youth impacted by homelessness, and discuss their core components.
3. Evaluate how promising and emerging strategies can be developed to aid in prevention, reconnection, and reunification for youth impacted by homelessness.
4. Summarize research findings pertaining to family intervention strategies for homeless youth, and key lessons learned.
5. Outline the limitations and challenges of implementing family intervention models with youth experiencing homelessness.
6. Highlight research gaps, needs, and recommendations that impact the application and success of family interventions to help homeless youth.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.