This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, is to provide an overview of conduct and behavioral problems among school-aged youth. Causes and classifications of conduct and behavioral problems are discussed as well as strategies to address how schools manage misbehavior. Additionally, numerous interventions to assist young people who struggle with their behavior are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the role of the environment in conduct and behavioral problems and how focusing on changing the environment may impact prevention efforts.
2. Describe common mislabeling of youngsters who manifest emotional upset, misbehavior, and learning problems.
3. Identify ways in which school personnel can rethink, address, and react to student misbehavior.
4. Differentiate between developmental behaviors that are within range of expected behaviors, those that disrupt functioning, and those that meet the criteria of a mental disorder.
5. Outline disparities in school discipline practices and how they can be modified to improve school climate and to focus on positive supports.
6. Summarize treatment interventions for conduct, oppositional, and behavioral problems.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.