This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief intermediate continuing education course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), includes an overview of opioid misuse and addiction as well as goals of medication assisted treatment to treat opioid use disorder. Factors assessed when determining the course of medication treatment are addressed as well as specific considerations for the use of naltrexone, methadone, and buprenorphine.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the use, misuse, and effects of opioids.
2. Differentiate between the various prescribed opioid medications.
3. Summarize treatment strategies used to treat opioid addiction, including medication assisted treatment.
4. Identify the characteristics of addiction and the symptoms of opiate withdrawal.
5. Outline the factors that must be addressed when considering medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder.
6. Evaluate the clinical practices, contraindications, and warnings associated with methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone use to treat opioid use disorders.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.