This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief continuing education course provides an overview of the impact of mental health issues and substance abuse disorders among adult men on probation or parole. The course was developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality and presents data and findings pertaining to this population, which has grown significantly in recent years. Rates of substance use and behavioral health disorders are discussed as well as treatment options and outcomes and efforts made at the federal, state, and local level to provide resources to aid released offenders as they reenter their communities.
CE Course Objectives
1. Evaluate data summarizing mental health disorders such as serious psychological distress, major depressive episode, and other mental illness among adult males on correctional supervised release.
2. Describe trends in the use of illicit drugs and alcohol dependence or abuse among male probationers or paroles aged 18-49.
3. Identify current treatment strategies for these populations and discuss unmet treatment needs.
4. Review recent efforts at the federal, state, and local levels that have focused on assisting those offenders who have been released into supervised community living.
5. Determine the ongoing need for broader implementation of effective treatment and re-entry services for men on parole and probation.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.