This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 8.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The goal of this intermediate level continuing education course is to provide the participant with an outline of mindfulness practices used to help those who are suffering from borderline personality disorder (BPD). The course was developed using the book, Mindfulness for Borderline Personality: Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy, by Blaise Aguirre, MD and Gillian Galen, PsyD. Mindfulness techniques that help people with BPD face their judgments and intense emotions are presented as well as ways to apply other useful coping skills in the midst of emotional pain. Also included are an overview of borderline personality disorder, practical applications of mindfulness, and case vignettes to see how these skills can be used to relieve specific symptoms of BPD.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the characteristics of borderline personality (BPD) including its history, symptoms and diagnostic criteria.
2. Summarize the origin and definition of mindfulness, its relationship to meditation, and the neurobiology of BPD and mindfulness.
3. Identify practical applications of mindfulness and how these are used to take control of harmful or distressing thoughts and feelings.
4. Outline the application of mindfulness skills to emotion dysregulation, interpersonal dysregulation, behavioral dysregulation, cognitive dysregulation, and self-dysregulation.
5. Review case vignettes illustrating how mindfulness practices can relieve specific symptoms of BPD.
6. Discuss how individuals perceive the stories of their lives and how mindfulness can help to tell the stories in a more productive and healthy way.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.