This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course is to review research that compares the efficacy, effectiveness, and harms of psychological, pharmacological, and emerging interventions to prevent PTSD in adults. The course was developed using information from the US Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and focuses on adults who had been exposed to a traumatic event and who received an early intervention designed to prevent progression to PTSD. The report summarizes key questions pertaining to the effectiveness of PTSD intervention and treatment. Methods, findings, and strength of evidence are discussed as well as applicability and research limitations. Finally, recommendations for future research are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the characteristic symptoms of PTSD, including Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Text Revision (DSM-IVTR) criteria.
2. Identify various psychological and pharmacological interventions for the treatment of patients with PTSD.
3. Analyze the efficacy and comparative effectiveness and harms of psychological and pharmacological interventions for adults with PTSD.
4. Describe results of the pertinent literature searches and reviews available for each of the key questions.
5. Discuss how major research findings can be applied to the prevention and treatment of PTSD.
6. Summarize findings and strength of evidence for efficacy of specific medications to improve PTSD symptoms, achieve remission, and improve depression symptoms.
7. Evaluate the limitations of the comparative effectiveness review process and identify gaps in the evidence that future research could address.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.