This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The epidemic of smoking-caused disease continues to be one of the greatest public health concerns in the United States. This intermediate level continuing education course provides a brief overview of the 2014 Surgeon’s General’s Report, The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress, which describes the national vision for moving forward to end the tobacco epidemic once and for all. The report gives a historical perspective and overview, describes health consequences of active and passive smoking, and identifies economic costs, current trends, and interventions. Practical actions to reduce the smoking rate among youth and adults in order to avert smoking-related disease and death are also discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the adverse health consequences of active and passive smoking, including what has been learned since the initial 1964 Surgeon General’s Report.
2. Discuss how specific biological processes are impacted by nicotine use and exposure.
3. Identify how smoking is linked to specific types of cancer and to adverse health conditions in cancer patients and survivors, as well as to respiratory, cardiovascular, and other diseases.
4. Evaluate the causal relationship between smoking and overall general morbidity and all-cause mortality.
5. Describe economic costs of the smoking epidemic, trends in tobacco use and control, and the status of interventions and programs that address the epidemic.
6. Review the implementation of specific steps and strategies to work toward a future that is free of death and disease caused by tobacco use.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.