This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 8.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
School representatives must ensure that ELs and immigrant students attain English language proficiency and achieve rigorous academic standards. This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education's English Learner Toolkit, which was designed to help state and local education agencies (SEAs and LEAs) meet their legal obligations to ELs and provide all ELs with the support needed to attain English language proficiency while meeting college and career readiness standards. Tools, resources, and recommendations to best serve English learners are presented as well as strategies to help school districts provide effective programs and services to these students.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe strategies to help state and local education agencies (SEAs and LEAs) meet their obligations to English Learners (ELs).
2. Identify numerous tools and resources that educators, parents, advocates, administrators, and other concerned parties can access to assist English learners.
3. Discuss how programs can be designed and implemented to enable ELs to attain both English proficiency and parity of participation in the standard instructional program.
4. Summarize the steps for addressing the long term needs of English learners as well as ELs who participate in special education and related services.
5. Consider ways to provide the personnel necessary to effectively implement EL programs.
6. Outline methods to assist LEAs in limiting the segregation of ELs to the extent necessary to reach the stated goals of an educationally sound and effective program.
7. Review the LEAs responsibility to assist ELs with disabilities and to communicate effectively with parents of English learners.
8. Determine which tools and resources may be most effectively used to create inclusive environments for ELs, to assist those who opt out of programs, and to best serve those with disabilities.
9. Examine strategies to help school districts provide effective programs and services to EL students.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.