CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Child abuse and neglect is a serious and pervasive public health problem and public awareness of the complex traumatic experiences of maltreated children has increased in recent years, as has understanding of children's experiences in the context of child welfare service delivery. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from Child Trends, is to summarize the results of a five-year evaluation of the implementation of Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) in child welfare settings. In addition to presenting findings of this implementation, an overview of TST is presented as well as adaptions made when incorporating Trauma Systems Therapy-Foster Care (TST-FC), a model designed to be responsive to the circumstances of public child welfare settings. Overall evaluation results are presented as well as conclusions and future implications.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain the importance and purpose of developing a trauma-informed approach to help children who have experienced abuse and neglect and who have faced family disruptions and separations.
2. Identify the roots and components of Trauma Systems Therapy and how trauma interventions can be embedded throughout all points of contact between children and families.
3. Describe adaptations to TST that were incorporated into Trauma Systems Therapy-Foster Care (TST-FC) to make the model responsive to child welfare settings.
4. Assess key findings from a five-year evaluation of the implementation of Trauma Systems Therapy-Foster Care (TST-FC) in public child welfare settings.
5. List positive outcomes associated with TST-FC implementation as well as challenges that were faced.
6. Discuss implications, conclusions, and areas for future research pertaining to the use of TST to help children who have experienced abuse, neglect, and other traumatic experiences.
7. Identify specific tools, measures, and approaches that can be used to more effectively implement TST-FC.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2019-04-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.