CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education (HMRE) programs serving youth can help them develop key skills to form healthy relationships and avoid unhealthy ones. The purpose of this brief intermediate continuing education course, developed using material from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation and Child Trends, is to summarize findings from a research study on youth-serving HMRE programs. The components and implementation practices of youth-serving HMRE programs are discussed as well as the characteristics of the youth being served and strengths and gaps in existing services.
CEU Course Objetives
1. Discuss how Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education (HMRE) programs serving youth can improve young people’s attitudes, knowledge, and expectations of romantic relationships.
2. Describe the components and implementation practices of organizations implementing federally funded HMRE programs for youth and the characteristics of youth served by these programs.
3. Identify the research-informed criteria used to assess the strengths and limitations of federally-funded HMRE grantees’ programming and curricula for youth to ensure that it aligns with best practices.
4. Provide an overview of strengths and gaps in existing services as well as promising approaches used by grantees to better serve youth in HMRE programs.
5. Evaluate how HMRE programs can best serve diverse and often disadvantaged youth populations.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-12-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.