This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education (HMRE) programs serving youth can help them develop key skills to form healthy relationships and avoid unhealthy ones. The purpose of this brief intermediate continuing education course, developed using material from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation and Child Trends, is to summarize findings from a research study on youth-serving HMRE programs. The components and implementation practices of youth-serving HMRE programs are discussed as well as the characteristics of the youth being served and strengths and gaps in existing services.
CE Course Objetives
1. Discuss how Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education (HMRE) programs serving youth can improve young people’s attitudes, knowledge, and expectations of romantic relationships.
2. Describe the components and implementation practices of organizations implementing federally funded HMRE programs for youth and the characteristics of youth served by these programs.
3. Identify the research-informed criteria used to assess the strengths and limitations of federally-funded HMRE grantees’ programming and curricula for youth to ensure that it aligns with best practices.
4. Provide an overview of strengths and gaps in existing services as well as promising approaches used by grantees to better serve youth in HMRE programs.
5. Evaluate how HMRE programs can best serve diverse and often disadvantaged youth populations.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.