This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, is to shed light on the scope, response, investigation, and discipline of sexual assault in the U.S. military. Department of Defense (DoD) efforts to prevent sexual misconduct are discussed as well as military response, concerns for victims, and imperfections in the current system. The course also addresses how the DoD and its Armed Services may benefit from greater data collection and other strategies to better understand trends in sexual assault cases and to implement improvements in future initiatives.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the scope of the problem of sexual assault in the military and how it compares to sexual assault in other populations.
2. Summarize the efforts of the Department of Defense (DOD) to prevent sexual assault.
3. Address the military response to sexual assault victims as well as barriers to reporting.
4. Identify the consequences and concerns for victims who report sexual assault.
5. Describe military investigations of sexual assaults, specialized training for criminal investigators and judge advocates, and trends in investigations revealed by DoD’s data.
6. Examine how perpetrators of sexual assault are disciplined.
7. Discuss concerns with the current system of investigating and prosecuting military sexual assaults, and suggestions for strengthening the system.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.